Karen C. Palumbo, RN,BSN, JD, ESQ.
- Law Offices of Karen Crotty Palumbo
1203 North Avenue
P.O. Box 110
Beacon, NY 12508
- (845) 831 - 8300
- (845) 831 - 6840
Karen Crotty Palumbo was born and raised in Dutchess County, NY and has been a resident of this area for most of her lifetime. In her first career, as a registered nurse, she held positions in the hospital setting in Poughkeepsie, NY, as well as Danbury, Ct. During her years working in the health care profession, Karen was also greatly involved with the numerous youth and community activities in which her children were participants. Once both of her children reached their later teen years, she embarked on a second career in the practice of law.
After graduating from law school, Karen accepted a position with Legal Services of Dutchess County and handled matrimonial actions, as well as custody, visitation, child and spousal support matters for victims of domestic violence. In 2003, Karen opened her own solo general legal practice, focusing on Family Law, including Collaborative Divorce and the Defense of Nurses and other Health Care Professionals before the New York State Education Dept. in licensing actions. Additionally, over the past 10 years, Karen has served as an Attorney for Children (formerly known as law guardians) and been involved with the Dutchess County Family Treatment Court representing primarily children whose parents have issues with substance abuse.
One of Karen's primary objective is assure that her clients resolve their particular issues in the least stressful and most cost-efficient manner as possible, therefore, she has found that the Collaborative Divorce process can be extremely effective for particular clients. Thus, Karen has been a member of the Hudson Valley Collaborative Divorce Association for the past ten (10) years.
Since Karen's professional and personal objective is to advocate for the well being of others, her combined education and experience as both an attorney and registered nurse has enabled her to effectively accomplish such goal. In that individuals are oftentimes in a crisis and/or stressful situation which requires the assistance of legal counsel, Karen will explore her clients' options for the most appropriate both financial and emotional resolution.
Karen maintains handicap accessible offices in both Beacon and Poughkeepsie, NY and in fully understanding the employment and family situations of her clients, weekend and evening appointments are available.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Dutchess Collaborative Practice Group
|Undergraduate Education||Law School|
|Columbia Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Hudson, NY--Nursing Diploma
Mount Saint Mary College, Newburgh, NY----BSN
|Pace University School of Law, White Plains, NY--JD|
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts
- Southern Dutchess Exchange Club, Member since 2003 and Past President 2009-2010
- Howland Public Library, Beacon, NY, Trustee, 2008-2013, President, 2011-2013
- Parish Council of St. Mary Mother of the Church, Fishkill, NY, Member since 2007
- Organizer and Past President of Beacon Girls Softball League and Beacon High School Athletic Booster Club
Membership in Groups and Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- Dutchess County Women's Bar Association
- Hudson Valley Collaborative Divorce and Dispute Resolution Association
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)